Are you in need of our Winnipeg Physiotherapy Services? RC Walk-In Chiro is a Winnipeg Chiropractic clinic that provides a wide range of chiropractic, massage and physiotherapy services, focusing on the many disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Physiotherapy helps people who are affected by injury, illness, over-use, or age-related changes through movement and exercise, manual therapy, education, and advice.
Welcome to Our Winnipeg Physiotherapy Clinic
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapists are highly trained medical professionals who specialize in restoring movement and physical function of their clients, through various manual therapies, mechanical/electrical devices, and therapeutic exercise. A significant part of a physiotherapist’s job involves educating their patients in order to prevent further injury and properly perform home exercises.
Physiotherapists are the experts in the examination and treatment of musculoskeletal, neuromuscular and cardiothoracic problems that affect peoples’ abilities to function meaningfully – whether you want to run a marathon or just be able to pick up your grandchildren!
Who Should Consider Receiving Physiotherapy Care?
- Acute and chronic neck and back pain, sciatica, and disc injuries
- Joint pain & body aches
- Soft tissue injuries, including muscle strains/tears and tendon/ligament sprains, bursitis and tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, shin splints
- Headaches & migraines
- Sports injuries
- Pre and post-operative orthopedic conditions
- Repetitive stress injuries such as tennis elbow and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident
- Nerve impingement resulting in tingling, weakness and numbness in the arm(s) or leg(s)
- Arthritic conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis
- Degenerative conditions including degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis
- Post-operative rehabilitation including arthroscopic knee/shoulder/hip/ankle surgeries, and total joint replacement.
What To Expect At Your First Physiotherapy Appointment
All initial appointments begin with an assessment of your condition. This involves a review of your medical history as well as a neuromusculoskeletal physical examination. By discussing with your medical history (along with the examination), we are able to verify your symptoms and better evaluate your condition in order to develop an effective treatment plan.
The goals of the assessment are to:
- Find the source of your pain/complaint, and determine the structures that are contributory.
- Produce a working diagnosis which will guide your plan of care.
- Develop a comprehensive treatment plan based on the findings of the assessment and tailor it to your individual goals and expectations.
It is best to wear loose, comfortable clothing, such as shorts and a tank top, for your initial assessment as these allow for freedom of movement and allow the therapist to accurately identify faulty mechanics.